Volunteers are an integral part of everything COTA SA does
Volunteers are an integral part of everything COTA SA does, performing vital roles in policy development and supporting programs and projects.
Policy and advocacy
COTA SA encourages volunteers to get involved in our policy and advocacy activities.
You can be involved by:
- applying to join the COTA SA Policy Council when we undertake periodic recruitment
- joining one of our working groups on cost of living, retirement villages or community engagement
- undertaking research projects as they arise
- representing COTA SA or older South Australians on external consumer and advisory committees
- attending and helping with our policy forums and community engagement activities
COTA SA volunteers in the programs area perform a wide variety of functions including:
- Peer Education
- Strength for Life site checks
- clubs support assistance
- data entry
- media reviewing
Volunteering is an experience which benefits both the organisation and the volunteer.
COTA SA volunteers have the opportunity to:
- meet new people and make new friends
- learn new skills
- remain active
- share skills and knowledge
- contribute to community
To find out more about volunteering and what our volunteers do, see the involve section in the latest issue of our online magazine eVolve.
Can you help?
If you would like information about volunteering with COTA SA or would like to apply for a position which is currently vacant, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator, Paloma Wraith, on 08 8232 0422 or 1800 182 324 for country callers, or use the contact form below.
Current Volunteer Position Vacancies:
- Strength for Life Site Check Volunteer