The Seniors on Board Project concluded on June 30th 2022. For information on using the Adelaide Metro public transport services please contact:
- Adelaide Metro InfoLine, Phone: 1300 311 108
Open 7am–8pm every day
- Adelaide Metro InfoCentre, Adelaide Railway Station (near the barrier gates to the trains) North Terrace, Adelaide
Open 7am–8pm every day (7am–12:15am on special event days)
- Adelaide Metro Website https://www.adelaidemetro.com.au
Or load an app on your smartphone or tablet, that you can use to plan your Adelaide Metro travel with real time updates:
- Next There
- Where Da Bus
- Should I Run
Seniors Card Holders Free Travel
From July 1st 2022 Seniors Card holders can travel for free on Adelaide Metro Services at all times. Seniors Cards are metro cards and can be used to validate your trip.
Seniors on Board information session
Co-designed with older people, the free information sessions offered practical how-to knowledge and ideas about how to make the most of using public transport including:
- Accessing travel information using technology, a paper timetable or a phone call
- What to consider when planning a trip
- Ways to enjoy the journey
- The benefits of public transport — including travelling for free!
- Accessibility services
- Learning how to use public transport as an alternative to driving.
As a participant, you will receive:
- Local information on where to access timetables and recharge cards
- A Journey Planner
- The opportunity to book a practice journey on a bus, train, or tram with a Peer Educator. This is for people who wish to build their confidence and familiarity with using public transport.
COTA SA Peer Education Program
Seniors on Board was delivered as part of COTA SA's Peer Education Program. Click through to learn more about the Peer Education Program
For more information about Seniors on Board, please contact:
Manager Community Programs
08 8232 0422
Seniors on Board was funded by the Department for Infrastructure and Transport.