As 2023 draws to a close we would like to share our best wishes for the festive season from the team at COTA SA. Thank you all for your support throughout 2023 as we have continued to deliver advocacy, programs, services and events to ensure that all South Australians have the opportunity to age well. Among the highlights this year:
- We connected with over 100,000 older South Australians and supporters through our programs, services, advisory groups, membership activities, events, communications and our policy and advocacy work. This with the help and support of our 100+ volunteers.
- We brought the stories, experiences and insights of older people to the table to contribute to solutions through the Housing Security for Older Women Taskforce, the State Government Concessions Review, and state and federal roundtables on ambulance ramping, health and aged care.
- We shone a light on the positive aspects of ageing that should be embraced and celebrated, including through our annual event for the UN International Day of Older Persons. This year our keynote speaker Tim Jarvis AM and a diverse panel of speakers inspired 180 attendees to continue to find purpose, even though the way we might achieve this inevitably changes as we age.
- We welcomed our new Chief Executive Miranda Starke who was appointed to the role following a six-month transition period acting in the role.
- Our members unanimously voted to adopt a new, modernised constitution, and we made an important shift to a free and sustainable membership model focused on mutual support for our values and purpose.
You can see pictures of some of these activities below, and if you want to find out more about COTA SA in 2023 you can read all about it in our COTA SA Annual Snapshot 2023.